Albert Road General Practice is a private billing medical clinic. In order to provide the best care possible an out of pocket fee will apply to your consultation.
Our standard consultation fees
Click here if you would like more information on the terms used in the table, or contact us if you’d like further explanation regarding any of these fees. If you do not hold a Medicare card please mention this to our booking staff when making an appointment as different fees apply.
Please note: If you visit our clinic for an appointment within two weeks of your prior appointment, you may be eligible for a discounted out-of-pocket fee at your doctor’s discretion.
1. Mirena insertions are carried out by Dr Michelle Wellington and are priced differently to standard GP consults. Skin checks/excisions are carried out by Dr Ian Devlin and are charged as a combination of a consultation fee, part of the cost of consumables (eg dressings) and a nurse appointment fee that reflects the nature of the procedure. Please call us on 03 9111 8959 to discuss the prices for these procedures.
2. This medical procedure fee is different to the above procedure fee for Mirena insertions that are carried out by Dr Michelle Wellington or skin checks/excisions which are carried out by Dr Ian Devlin. This fee covers basic medical procedures such as skin stitches or skin glue and includes the nurse appointment fee.
3. The nurse appointment fee will apply for basic medical procedures such as administering vaccines and changing dressings. Please note that consumables (eg travel vaccines, dressings etc) will apply on top of the nurse appointment fee. For Mirena insertions, skin checks/excisions and other more complex procedures, a different fee will apply instead.
We understand that your day might not go as planned, and that you may need to cancel an appointment from time to time.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please give us a call as soon as possible, to allow waitlisted patients a chance to be seen.
If you cancel your appointment, our cancellation policy will apply and you will be charged the following fees:
- cancellation with less than four hours prior to your appointment time – the total cost of your booked appointment
- cancellation with more than four hours notice but less than 24 hours notice – the gap (out-of-pocket) fee for your booked appointment
- cancellation with more than 24 hours notice – no fee
If you require an urgent appointment, please give us a call and we will try our best to fit you in.
For emergencies, please call Emergency (000) or visit the Emergency department at your nearest hospital. The nearest hospital to our clinic is The Alfred Hospital, 55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004.
Please be advised that Physio Katsu may charge extra for consumables related to your treatment.
Note: Medicare rebate may be available for some services with a valid referral.