Comprehensive patient care
At Albert Road General Practice, we believe quality health care cannot be rushed, and that it takes time to properly explore a person’s health from the big picture. Our default is to book new patients for 30 minute consultations and, where time permits, a 20 minute consultation as the standard length for existing patients.
A ‘brief’ appointment of less than 15 minutes may be appropriate after a therapeutic relationship has been established and if only fairly simple issues need to be discussed.
We consider all appointments with patients as a chance to not only solve the issues brought by our patients but also to actively seek out other areas of health we can optimise, including:
- regularly reviewing past history
- discussing family history of medical illness
- ensuring appropriate screening for lifestyle related diseases and cancers are up to date.
Just like many other elements of our fast paced world, medical knowledge changes rapidly.
Our GPs endeavour to keep abreast of the latest in evidence-based medicine, so that we are well-placed to discuss various treatment and investigation options with you.
Zero Tolerance Policy
All our staff are trained and dedicated to serve you and you will be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. In return, we ask that you and anyone that you bring with you to the Practice treat our administrative and clinical staff with the same courtesy and respect.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to any verbal, aggressive and violent abuse and behaviour towards our staff or other patients. We respectfully advise you that abuse and/or violence will not be tolerated.
If a patient or anyone a patient brings with them to the Practice, is abusive, aggressive or violent towards our staff and/or other patients the police will be called and may result in you being removed from our Practice list.
Upon your arrival to the clinic, our receptionists will ask you the following COVID screening questions:
- Are you feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Do you, or has someone you have had contact with, have a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you, or is someone you have had contact with, currently undergoing testing for COVID-19 and awaiting test results?
- Have you returned from overseas in the last 14 days?
Staff or patients who answer “yes” to any of these questions will be instructed to stay at home and not enter the practice.
Do not enter the clinic if you have any:
- Respiratory symptoms (sore throat, runny nose or cough), or
- Fever (temperature greater than 37.5 C).
At Albert Road General Practice, the health and safety of our patients and staff are paramount.
We have taken the following steps to ensure our patients and staff are safe in relation to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) disease. Our measures to protect staff and patients include:
- Staff or patients who are unwell or deemed “high” risk” will not be allowed to enter the practice
- Strengthening our already strict cleaning and infection control procedures to minimise the risk of infection
- Social distancing measures in our waiting rooms
Useful COVID-19 Links
Click here to keep up to date with the latest news from the Department of Health surrounding COVID-19.