Dr Ian Devlin commenced his career as a rural GP in Central Victoria. Ian is now practicing skin cancer medicine. He has had a long interest in the diagnosis and management of skin cancers, having completed the following training:
- Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine U.Q.
- Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery U.Q.
- Certificate in Advanced Dermoscopy and Dermal Imaging U.Q.
- Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine – Skin Cancer College Australasia
- Diploma of Dermoscopy SCCA
- Advanced Clinical Certificate in Skin Cancer Medicine and Surgery SCCA
Ian is passionate about the early diagnosis of skin cancer. One in three people in Australia will develop a skin cancer in their lifetime and around one in sixteen will develop melanoma. The vast majority of these skin cancers can be cured by early detection.
Skin Check Appointments
An appointment with Dr Ian Devlin can be made for a full skin check. A full skin check appointment will require half an hour. If you need only a check of a single spot, you’ll only need a standard appointment of fifteen minutes.
You can also read Dr Ian Devlin’s blog post to learn more about skin cancer and prevention in the post on Melanoma in Australia.
Outside work Ian enjoys road cycling, bushwalking and cross-country skiing.